Monday 25 January 2016

Winter Break Adventures - part 3 - The journey back to 'Cuse

January 17th, the day I was heading back to Syracuse to start my second and final (sad face) semester! I cant believe the new scholars are announced in a matter of weeks! Good luck to you all! 

So I start my journey from Pasco in the early hours of the morning (5 a.m) and for those of you who know me well, will know that I am not a morning person so this was not the best thing for me to be doing. However, a sad goodbye to my family, through security and I was ready to board my flight to Minneapolis. I had a small suitcase with me for hand luggage as my bag was close to the weight and I bought things when staying with my family so the extra bag was needed! However, this was a small plane so my hand luggage had to go in the main body of the plane, no problem right?! WRONG! I had a close connection flight once I landed - intact I only had 30 minutes which was completely opposite to my journey on the way here, however, I believed I could do it and there wouldn't be any problems, well who was I kidding!? Since my hand luggage had to go in the main body of the plane, I had to wait for it to come out, baring in mind I only have half an hour to find my other gate and by this time we had already sat on the run way for 20 minutes with me checking my clock every 20 seconds because I knew how little time I had. So by this point I only have 10 minutes. I get off the plane and stand with the other people who are waiting for their bags, before we are informed that the door is jammed and they cannot get the bas out and no one has any idea how long it will take. My next flight is now boarding. I tell a woman that my flight is boarding and she some how manages to thankfully get the bags up quicker but reassures me that if I miss my flight then she will book me on the next one personally herself. Yeah, darn right she would! I Grab my bag when they are put out and I run for my life, shaking and needing the toilet so bad but I couldn't waste time for a pee so I just have to run awkwardly. I then have to get on a tram to my next gate. Fine. So as I arrive at the tram stop, the doors shut and a tram drives away right infront of me. By this time I can feel the tears building up inside of me and I’ve no idea when I’m gonna burst! Another tram pulls up about 3 minutes later and my stop is the second stop. I run to my gate which of course was the last one of the 3 gates in the building, and I get there as they are calling for final calls for the flight. I make it on and I’m sat beside a guy, around my age and we start to chat. 

We take off and my seat collapses back and so does the guys infront of me! The woman behind me then starts to shake and kick my seat in a hint to get me to put it back up. I ignore it for the majority of the flight but my seat is broken therefore overtime I put pressure on the back rest, It reclines back, resulting in her kicking and pushing my seat. The guy beside me is about 6ft 7 and can’t even put his tray table down because his legs are so long! However, long story short, she makes a big deal about my seat infront of the air hostesses to which they tell her a lot of the seats on the plane are like that and neither of us can be moved because it was a full flight. However the pushing and kicking continues until we land.

We finally land in La Guardia and I have just been on the worst flight ever and I just want to get off, forgetting I put my passport in the pocket on the seat infront of mine and I just head off the plane without taking it back out. Before Its too late I realise this and run back down and tell the captain and the air hostess who both look confused to see me! I explain my situation and they tel me just to run, I thankfully get my passport and head back out. Now worrying about getting to my next gate for my final flight. But thankfully, there was some good in the story and i was flying out of the same gate I flew into so I have no where to go! Yay! 

Judy collects me from the airport and I head back to campus. I guess travelling by myself had gone too well on the way there that something had to happen on the way back, and they say bad things happen in 3’s! 


So far classes have been amazing and I’m loving my second semester already! I cannot wait to see what the rest of the semester had to hold, starting with Graeme’s second visit in 22 days

No comments:

Post a Comment